Focus on Highly Scalable Startups Founded by Women and Non-Binary Individuals.
Today we are proud to announce the Ready Set Raise Class of 2020.
Eight outstanding companies were selected to participate in an eight week program that kicks off today. The teams will work one-on-one with specially selected mentors and investors to refine their pitch and prepare for fundraising. They will receive coaching and support from FFA’s partners at Cooley LLP, Carta, DWT, Grasshopper Bank, Madrona Venture Group and Labs, Providence St. Joseph Health, Seattle Bank, Trilogy Equity Partners, UPS and Zendesk for Startups. And they will benefit from a group session with famed executive coach Jerry Colonna, to air on an upcoming episode of his popular podcast, Reboot.
“Ready Set Raise was built to help under-networked founders improve their odds of success. Our goal is to help founders master storytelling, build confidence, and develop the right relationships. Because fundraising doesn’t actually happen from a polished onstage performance – it happens behind the scenes, one email, call, meeting and pitch at a time. This is what Ready Set Raise equips founders to do,” said FFA Founder & CEO, Leslie Feinzaig.
“The applicant pool was our most qualified and diverse yet, with submissions from a wide array of industries, geographies, and intersections. Selection was more competitive than ever before. I look forward to working with these world-class entrepreneurs throughout the program and beyond” said Rohre Titcomb, FFA’s COO.
“Trilogy is excited to support FFA for the third year in a row on Ready Set Raise. We are continually impressed with the quality of founders and look forward to future collaboration and investment opportunities,“ said Amy McCullough Managing Director, Trilogy Investment Team.
Ready Set Raise 2020 will run virtually from October 19th to December 11th. Demo night will be on December 16th where participants will present their companies to a live audience including national media.
FFA’s Ready Set Raise Cohort 3 includes the following startups:
- Brightly: Combining commerce, content and community to scale conscious consumerism.
- CEO Laura Wittig, cofounder Liza Moiseeva. Seattle, WA
- Womp.ai: Womp allows anyone to easily explore, create, share and make 3D.
- CEO Gabriela Trueba. Brooklyn, NY
- FixFake: FixFake delivers decision support tools to reduce fraud in e-commerce.
- CEO Kathryn Harrison, cofounder Jason Law. Bozeman, MT
- tbd health: tbd is at-home, STI screening – made for women.
- CEO Stephanie Estey, cofounders Daphne Chen & Sherwin Lu. New York, NY
- Gearo – Digitizing Outdoor Retailers: Gearo is a curated marketplace of outdoor gear.
- CEO Justine Barone. Denver, CO
- Mary Louise Cosmetics – Natural skincare and personal care products.
- CEO Akilah Releford. Los Angeles, CA
- datacy: Marketplace enabling ethical and legal data exchange.
- CEO Paroma Indilo, cofounder Kaleb Wilson. San Jose, CA
- Health In Her HUE: A digital platform connecting Black women to culturally competent providers.
- CEO Ashlee Wisdom, cofounder Eddwina Bright. New York, NY
About Female Founders Alliance
Founded by CEO Leslie Feinzaig, the Female Founders Alliance is a 20k strong network of women and non-binary founders of venture scale companies, along with investors, executives, and startup advocates. Our mission is gender parity from the top down by accelerating the success of women and non-binary founded startups 20x in 10 years, by providing access to funding, mentoring and hyper relevant programming. For more information, please visit www.femalefounders.org.